Leighton is an award winning integrated technology business. We use vision, creativity and expertise to connect businesses with their customers and drive commercial success across multiple touchpoints. Working with us isn’t just about achieving the end result, it’s about what we do to get there, changing the way you think about your business and the benefits of digital forever.
We work with a range of high profile brands such as British Airways, Home Group and IKEA, as well as smaller growing companies. To support our next stage of growth we are looking to appoint an Account Director to join our growing team.
This is an exciting time as we continue a period of growth and are seeking an experienced Account Director to be based from our North East office. Focusing on a small number of high value, high profile corporate accounts, you will be responsible for account planning, growth and retention of your named accounts, with a focus on both customer experience and delivering world class innovative projects.
You will need to inspire respect from everyone at all levels both internally and externally, improving the flow of communication with all involved parties and stakeholders to ensure that the account is ran smoothly. This position requires you to be comfortable working with blue chip household name companies in a start-up environment whilst delivering against agreed targets.
This is a fantastic opportunity for either an established Account Director or an Senior Account Manager who is confident running high profile accounts and ready for the next step in their career.
Self-motivation, a high level of IT literacy combined with an engaging and confident presentation style means that you are quickly able to establish meaningful relationships and deliver real value to our Customer’s business needs.
- A drive and willingness to understand our partners (we truly believe in a partnership approach – working as a team to deliver complex solutions to business issues)
- Demonstrable track record of achieving revenue growth within accounts
- An ability to ask questions and challenge (where appropriate) internal and external thinking
- Enjoy working as part of a team – together we achieve more, whilst also being selfmotivated and focused
- Commercial awareness and drive to deliver the best solution acting as the customer advocate
- Experience of working in a consultative or digital agency business
- An energy and desire to learn and share this knowledge with your internal and external contacts
- You will know your customer inside out, asking lots of questions, know their expectations, understanding the deliverables and identifying the pitfalls whilst challenging the customer and colleagues where appropriate.
- Take the lead for owning the account, acting as the main point of contact for highly valuable customer’s, providing counsel, and having the confidence to challenge where necessary.
- Seek out opportunities to grow revenue streams and strengthen customer relationship.
- Improve internal and external customer communications to ensure the account is ran smoothly.
- Be responsible for creating and executing strategic plans for the account.
- Ensure a strong understanding of customer revenues and budgets. Keep track of, manage and report on customer profitability.
- Demonstrate an eye for detail and, more specifically, quality work. Ensure quality standards are being maintained in the team and that this outstanding work is highlighted to customers regularly.
- A strategic vision will be key to this role. You will need to get under the skin of your customers to understand their requirements and provide a consultative sales approach.
What We Offer
We value our team. So to attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. You can look forward to a competitive salary (dependent on experience), a contributory pension scheme and death in service benefit. We also offer a relaxing 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and, because we know that life doesn’t always fit around work, a semi-flexible approach to your working day. We also encourage your continued personal development
If you want to join a team that is ambitious, challenging, hardworking and fun, please contact our Recruitment Team supplying your CV and salary/benefit package to:
This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious digital company. So if you think this is the role for you, apply today.