In this role, as the Delivery Team Leader you will lead, manage and coach your team of Software and Quality Engineers, supporting their personal development and ensuring they have the right environment to deliver exceptional solutions. Working closely with other team leaders you will ensure the structured and coordinated planning of your team’s development. Your technical background and experience will ensure you can offer the support and guidance required being able to support and assist developers at code level.
Who We Are
Leighton is an award winning integrated technology business. We create some of the world’s most cutting-edge software products. We use vision, creativity and expertise to connect businesses with their customers and drive commercial success across multiple touchpoints. Working with us isn’t just about achieving the end result, it’s about what we do to get there, changing the way you think about your business and the benefits of digital forever.
The Leighton culture defines how we do business and how we interact with our colleagues and customers. It makes us unique and provides us with a competitive advantage
- We act with honesty and truth, always!
- We are a canny family who really cares in a geeky, crazy, fun kind of way
- We nurture our amazing people to be the best version of themselves
- Passionate about what we do, proud of what we achieve
- Our curiosity inspires the amazing
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the following; however this is not an exhaustive list and you maybe required to carry out other duties that the business deem fit.
- Lead, manage and coach your team of Software and Quality Engineers, and support their personal development.
- Play an active part in creating a motivating, supportive, happy and productive working environment for your Engineering team.>
- Work with the Head of Software Delivery to recruit the best Engineers for your team.
- Leading by example, writing high quality test driven code for a variety of customer and internal projects.
- Work with your team to drive best practice and technical improvements ensuring your teams adherence to agreed overall technical direction and architecture and Leighton Development Standards.
- Be an agile delivery enthusiast and help teams constantly improve their working practices.
- Ensure the team’s approach to testing is fit for purpose.
- Responsible for the team’s project planning and resource allocation in association with the Head of Software Delivery.
- Project Delivery Team
- Head of Development
- Software and Quality Engineers
- Commercial Team
- People Team
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience of people management and the ability to lead and influence others
- Experience in formal personal development planning and individual, team and process performance management
- Proven experience in leading and managing the delivery of software development projects using a variety of software development approaches and methodologies including Agile
- Experience in the development of software using our desired software languages or frameworks (HTML, CSS, JS, Node.js, JAVA, development of modern RESTful API or strong in another server side technology, SQL or NoSQL databases)
- Excellent personal organisation and ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks
- This is a management role, but the candidate needs a desire to remain technically capable and an expert in current technologies
What We Offer
We value our team. So to attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. You can look forward to a competitive salary (dependent on experience), a contributory pension scheme and death in service benefit. We also offer a relaxing 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and, because we know that life doesn’t always fit around work, a semi-flexible approach to your working day. We also encourage your continued personal development.
If you want to join a team that is ambitious, challenging, hardworking and fun, please contact our Recruitment Team supplying your CV and salary/benefit package to:
This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious digital company. So if you think this is the role for you, apply today.