Leighton is an award winning integrated technology business. We use vision, creativity and expertise to connect businesses with their customers and drive commercial success across multiple touchpoints. Working with us isn’t just about achieving the end result, it’s about what we do to get there, changing the way you think about your business and the benefits of digital forever.
We work with a range of high profile brands such as British Airways, Home Group and IKEA, as well as smaller growing companies. To support our next stage of growth we are looking to appoint a Project Manager to join the business.
As a key member of the project management team, you will work closely with our clients to ensure that projects run smoothly and deadlines are consistently met; therefore your ability to communicate effectively is vital.
Working alongside technical teams, other Project Managers, Business Analysts as well as external clients, you will take ownership over active projects. This will involve providing support where necessary to users and dealing with stakeholders in all parts of the business.
You will have te following:
- 5+ years experience of delivering IT projects, ideally across multiple sectors/types of project
- PRINCE2 Foundation certified
- Must have working experience of Agile (Scrum) projects. This mean a solid understanding of Scrum terminology, ceremonies, artefacts and roles.
- Experienced in the use of JIRA or a similar toolset.
- Must be an excellent communicator, both written and verbally – able to build relationships and secure the trust & confidence of your stakeholders.
- A quick learner – able to learn new processes and adapt to a new working environment without causing disruption to project timelines.
- Must have a reasonable technical understanding in a variety of technologies.
- Experience of working with remote teams, especially offshore development teams.
- Must be a self-starter, able to organise your own workload and have a natural pro-active attitude.
- ensure that the teams and various suppliers operate as an integrated team working as efficiently as possible to deliver project objectives
- manage allocation of work across team members
- proactively manage risks and work to unblock issues
- ensure that work is delivered according to defined processes, standards, and quality leveraging expertise from the other members of the team
- report progress, risks and issues to the Steering Group
- ensure all work is carried out according to the agreed supplier contracts
- maintain the projects within the PM tool and ensure compliance to process
- work closely with Project Stakeholders
- forecast and track finances against contracts and budget
- implement quality assurance procedures to ensure all project deliverables meet the agreed quality criteria
- You will use tools such as MS Office, MS Project, PWA, SharePoint and JIRA on a day to day basis
What We Offer
We value our team. So to attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. You can look forward to a competitive salary (dependent on experience), a contributory pension scheme and death in service benefit. We also offer a relaxing 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and, because we know that life doesn’t always fit around work, a semi-flexible approach to your working day. We also encourage your continued personal development.
If you want to join a team that is ambitious, challenging, hardworking and fun, please contact our Recruitment Team supplying your CV and salary/benefit package to:
This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious digital company. So if you think this is the role for you, apply today.