Leighton is an awarding winning integrated technology business. We use vision, creativity and expertise to connect businesses with their customers and drive commercial success across multiple touchpoints. Working with us isn’t just about achieving the end result, it’s about what we do to get there, changing the way you think about your business and benefits of digital forever.
We work with a range of high profile brands such as British Airways, Home Group and IKEA, as well as smaller growing companies. This represents a very exciting time for Leighton with the recent appointment of a new Chief Executive and a commitment to significant investment in order to drive the business forward. To support our next stage of growth we are looking to expand our technical team.
As part of our technical team you will play a vital part in helping us and our customers achieve ambitious development projects to help their business grow. You will be client facing and will work within a delivery team, alongside Designers, UX experts, Testers, Business Analysts and Project Managers to deliver a great end product.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- 6+ years of commercial development experience.
- A strong knowledge of TypeScript/Flow and Webpack.
- A good understanding and previous experience working with CMS and CRMs platforms.
- Experience with Cloud based applications, specifically Amazon Web Services and Azure.
- Expertise in Node.js or knowledge another server side language.
- Excellent knowledge in frontend web technologies (HTML5 and SCSS). An understanding of responsive frameworks and modern CSS techniques such as Flexbox, BEM, CSS Modules or SMACSS and experience with Bootstrap 4 / Foundation 6 would be beneficial.
- Working experience of software development and delivery methodologies (TDD, BDD, Agile etc.).
- Experience of setting up and working with Git repositories and Continuous Integration tools.
- Passion for technology and the role it can play in making our lives easier.
- Personal qualities of integrity, collaboration and be intrinsically customer centric in your decision making.
- Experience working and setting up both SQL and noSQL databases.
- A extensive portfolio of previous client work.
- Architectural experience and the ability to direct and lead projects.
- Member of the Development Team and will help to deliver our customers projects.
- Take user stories and UX and implement these within a working project.
- Write automated tests (Unit and End to End) to guarantee quality in our projects.
- Peer review your team mates code and suggest amendments to improve quality and standards compliance.
- Contribute to internal coding standards.
- Document functional and none functional changes.
- Work with our manual test team to ensure sufficient manual testing has been completed.
- Contribute to the training and skills of the wider team through internal training sessions.
- Identify training opportunities for you and your team members.
- Help to technically steer projects to completion
What We Offer
We value our team. So to attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. You can look forward to a competitive salary (dependent on experience), a contributory pension scheme and death in service benefit. We also offer a relaxing 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and, because we know that life doesn’t always fit around work, a semi-flexible approach to your working day. We also encourage your continued personal development.
If you want to join a team that is ambitious, challenging, hardworking and fun, please contact our Recruitment Team supplying your CV and salary/benefit package to:
This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious digital company. So if you think this is the role for you, apply today.