Leighton is an awarding winning integrated technology business. We use vision, creativity and expertise to connect businesses with their customers and drive commercial success across multiple touchpoints. Working with us isn’t just about achieving the end result, it’s about what we do to get there, changing the way you think about your business and benefits of digital forever.
We work with a range of high profile brands such as British Airways, Home Group and IKEA, as well as smaller growing companies. This represents a very exciting time for Leighton with the recent appointment of a new Chief Executive and a commitment to significant investment in order to drive the business forward. To support our next stage of growth we are looking to expand our technical team.
As part of our Quality Assurance team you will play a vital part in helping us and our customers achieve ambitious development projects to help their business grow. You will be client facing and will work within a delivery team, alongside Designers, UX experts, Developer, Business Analysts and Project Managers to deliver a great end product.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- 6+ years of commercial quality assurance experience.
- An expert level knowledge of testing software, websites and web applications.
- Working experience of software development and delivery methodologies (Agile etc.).
- ISTQB/ISEB Qualified.
- Manage testing resource allocation across projects.
- Assign and clarify areas of responsibility for members of the test team.
- Coaching, training and mentoring members of the test team and influencing improvements.
- Drive for quality control from the very start of a project.
- Contribute to project scheduling to ensure sufficient test coverage.
- Establish testing approach for each project.
- Establish/maintain testing team best practices and processes.
- Define quality measurements and exit criteria per project.
- Defect management. Ensure defect quality from the test team and ensure defects are tracked to completion.
- Cross team co-ordination including building relationships with dependant teams, synchronising schedules, setting expectations and managing issues.
- Implement and manage the use of testing tools.
- Have final sign-off for a project to go into production or UAT.
- Passion for technology and the role it can play in making our lives easier.
- Personal qualities of integrity, collaboration and be intrinsically customer centric in your decision making.
- Manage the test team.
- Write test plans for our projects.
- Take user stories and ensure our developed product delivers the desired functionality.
- Document functional and none functional changes.
- Contribute to the training and skills of the wider team through internal training sessions.
- Identify training opportunities for you and your team members.
What We Offer
We value our team. So to attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. You can look forward to a competitive salary (dependent on experience), a contributory pension scheme and death in service benefit. We also offer a relaxing 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and, because we know that life doesn’t always fit around work, a semi-flexible approach to your working day. We also encourage your continued personal development.
If you want to join a team that is ambitious, challenging, hardworking and fun, please contact our Recruitment Team supplying your CV and salary/benefit package to:
This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious digital company. So if you think this is the role for you, apply today.