Leighton is an award winning integrated technology business. We use vision, creativity and expertise to connect businesses with their customers and drive commercial success across multiple touch points. Working with us isn’t just about achieving the result, it’s about what we do to get there, changing the way our clients think about their business and the benefits of digital forever.
We work with a range of high profile brands such as British Airways, Home Group and IKEA, as well as smaller growing companies.
This represents a very exciting time for Leighton with the recent appointment of a new Chief Executive and a commitment to significant investment to drive the business forward. To support our next stage of growth we are looking to expand our technical team.
A technical designer who is capable of analysis and design to join a large cyber security project for one of our blue-chip aviation clients. You will pick up an existing high-level design and add the detail to take a project through to implementation.
The role requires someone who understands secure file transfer, access management and corporate infrastructure who can produce detailed design documentation that complies with the client’s standards and processes.
As the project progresses you will work with delivery teams and your project management team to ensure the solution is delivered to design, is fit for purpose and meets the standards of the project and the client.
You will have experience of working in enterprise IT. You will be self-motivated, highly driven person with outstanding technical experience spanning multiple IT disciplines. You will be comfortable working on your own initiative while working as member of a wider team.
Essential Skills and Experience
- You will have 6+ years’ experience in IT and will have experience in application development and service management.
- Excellent use of written English; combined with good report writing skills
- Good research and analytical skills.
- Can demonstrate your experience of solving and documenting technical solutions to challenging IT problems.
- Experience of creating detailed technical design and documentation.
- Ability to quickly understand and work with the clients technical standards and policies.
- Good understanding of network devices and infrastructure.
- The successful candidate will not be required configure the software itself, but must understand the end-to-end solution and be able to offer technical guidance to the project on how the design will be implemented.
- Excellent knowledge Microsoft Office and Visio.
- Can demonstrate your ability to work proactively and independently, whilst being part of a wider team.
- Experience of SIEM tools.
- Experience of file replication.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in cyber security programs.
- Knowledge of Certificate based authentication.
- Experience of UML or BPMN.
- Identity management in a corporate environment for example corporate directory, group policies etc.
- Experience of working within Aviation and/or Airlines.
- Ensure the procedures, policies and processes over the management and security of the data are understood and included in the project scope.
- Work with the infrastructure technical teams and other suppliers to create technical design documentation for the end-to-end project; ensure that the design is reviewed and is signed off by the client.
- Provide quality assurance on the implementation of the technical design to ensure that configurations details meet design specifications.
- Ensure that the design of the infrastructure caters for the volume of traffic.
- Ensure all technical policies and strategies defined within the organization are complied with.
- Ensure delivery teams output adheres to the project design and IT quality standards of the client.
What We Offer
We value our team. So to attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. You can look forward to a competitive salary (dependent on experience), a contributory pension scheme and death in service benefit. We also offer a relaxing 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and, because we know that life doesn’t always fit around work, a semi-flexible approach to your working day. We also encourage your continued personal development.
If you want to join a team that is ambitious, challenging, hardworking and fun, please contact our Recruitment Team supplying your CV and salary/benefit package to:
This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious digital company. So if you think this is the role for you, apply today.