As test analyst you will have an enthusiasm and passion for testing, finding bugs and issues within a product before it gets deployed to everyday users. Using leading technology you will be joining our immensely talented testing team to assist in the analysis of design specifications/ requirements to produce comprehensive test scripts and scenarios for expected results.
Working on exciting projects with some of the world’s leading organisations you will provide testing estimates based on the analysis of requirements, l assist in the system testing of new applications and change requests to existing applications to ensure they meet business requirements and ultimately ensure the quality of the product.
- Identify weaknesses and bugs whilst constantly initiating creative ways to break software and identify potential problems.
- Take lead of testing resources on projects, providing estimations based on the analysis of requirements to estimate testing complexity of work required.
- Run testing within Agile methodology
- Look for continuous ways of improvement whilst promoting testing best practice
- Assess feasibility of release on projects/change requests based on test reports and quality of the project/change.
- Work closely with front end developers, designers, project managers and back-end developers to implement incredible user interfaces and experiences.
- Highlight risk to project success.
- Communicate and articulate technical solutions and be able to share and build knowledge within a team.
- Maintain an awareness and be passionate for industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Understanding of software delivery methodologies (Agile, Waterfall etc)
- ISEB/ISTQB certified, or working towards (desirable)
- Have a good understanding of user experience best practice
- Knowledge and ability to use automation tools
- Can prepare detailed reports and provide risk assessment
- In-depth knowledge of an automation tool, preferably the following: rspec and/or cucumber
- Experience performing API testing (REST and SOAP web services); familiar with XML and JSON
- The following skills would also be beneficial but not essential as training can be given:
- Backend database testing in Microsoft SQL environment including validating stored procs, jobs and triggers.
- Familiarity with Java and Unit
- Jmeter experience