Leighton is an awarding winning integrated technology business. We use vision, research, creativity and expertise to connect businesses with their customers and drive commercial success across multiple touchpoints. Working with us isn’t just about achieving an end result, it’s about the journey and discovery to get there, changing the way you think about your business and benefits of digital forever.
We work with a range of high profile brands such as British Airways, Home Group and IKEA, as well as smaller growing companies. This represents a very exciting time for Leighton with the recent appointment of a new Chief Executive and a commitment to significant investment in order to drive the business forward. To support our next stage of growth we are looking to expand our UX and Design team (UXD).
As part of our UXD team you will play a vital part in helping us and our clients achieve ambitious projects to help their business grow and deliver exceptional experiences to their customers.
You will be client facing, working in multi-discipline project teams alongside client stakeholders, Visual Designers, Developers, Testers, Technical Architects, Business Analysts and Project Managers to deliver exceptional experiences.
We are looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer who is highly motivated, inquisitive and visionary, ideally with:
- 4+ years’ experience in UX/UI role
- A strong, demonstrable portfolio of work showing process, and deliverables
- A degree or qualification in a related field such as design, research, development or behavioural psychology
- Expert in organising and hosting UX workshops to gather requirements and ideate solutions
- Expert in creating user personas, experience maps, user flows, wireframes and prototypes
- Expert in using industry leading UX platforms such as InVision, Axure, Figma, Sketch and Adobe XD
- Experience planning or involvement in user research studies and stakeholder interviews
- Experience designing for usability, applying WCAG2.0 AA accessibility guidelines to everything you design
- Strong UI and creative design skills, building atomic design solutions and documentation
- Strong communication skills to articulate problems and collaborate with the wider team to develop solutions
- An analytical mind, disseminating data from A/B testing tools and behavioural analysis platforms such as HotJar into actionable solutions
- A passion for digital technology and the role it plays in our lives, now and in the future
- Possess and demonstrate every day personal qualities of integrity, collaboration and be intrinsically customer centric in your decision making
- A core member of the UXD Team helping to deliver our client projects
- Assist in collecting and documenting project requirements
- Develop and document user personas, experience maps, user flows to support project requirements
- Participate in and often lead UX workshops with client stakeholders and project teams
- Develop wireframes and functional prototypes in industry leading software
- Present and communicate our design solutions to client stakeholders
- Produce documented UI design systems based on atomic design principles for handover to development teams
- Conduct usability research studies and feed the results back into the design process
- Contribute to the training and skills of the wider team through internal learning sessions
What We Offer
We value our people. So, to attract exceptional talent we offer an excellent package. You can look forward to a competitive salary (dependent on experience), a contributory pension scheme and death in service benefit. We also offer a relaxing 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and, because we know that life doesn’t always fit around work, a semi-flexible approach to your working day. We also encourage your continued personal development.
If you want to join a team that is ambitious, challenging, hardworking and fun, please contact our Recruitment Team supplying your CV and salary/benefit package to:
This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious digital company. If you think this is the role for you, apply today. We’d love to hear from you.