Technology to digitise the employee onboarding process.
Employee onboarding software
What you need to know
What is employee onboarding?
“Employee onboarding is also known as organisational socialisation, onboarding is the process by which new hires are emotionally, physically and professionally integrated into the established culture and operations of their new employer”. (HRZone)
What is employee onboarding software?
Employee onboarding software is technology that helps organisations effectively process, introduce and establish new colleagues the business.
What does onboarding software do?
Employee onboarding software digitises many of the manual tasks and activities involved in the onboarding process. It allows businesses to create engaging content using multimedia. This can be shared with new colleagues to help speed up social integration and learning.
What are the benefits of employee onboarding software?
By introducing technology, to what is often a manual process for HR teams, managers and new colleagues, brings about many benefits, such as:
- Cost savings on paper, ink and postage, along with reducing your carbon footprint.
- Saving time for HR teams that manually input data and create induction packs, allowing more time to be spent on meaningful interactions with new colleagues.
Brings consistency to the onboarding process and experience.
- Helps businesses stay compliant from both an HR standpoint and relevant legislation, that may be fundamental to a particular industry.
- Employee onboarding software has been proven to help reduce churn rates, therefore saving on recruitment costs.
Will help employees become productive faster by providing clear expectations and learning materials that are easy to access.
Can reduce first day uncertainty for new starters if they’ve had a chance to learn more about the business, their team and what is expected of them before they start.
Do you need employee onboarding software?
We’ve made a checklist that will help you see if you could benefit from employee onboarding software. If you answer yes to any of the questions below you will benefit from our employee onboarding software.
- Do you or your team send out a lot of paperwork to new colleagues?
- Would you like to save your business money by reducing the amount of paper, ink and postage you purchase as part of your employee onboarding process?
Would you like new colleagues to sign and send paperwork electronically?
- Do you or members of your team enter a lot of new colleague information manually?
Would you like to free-up time for your HR team?
Do you need a secure place to store colleague information?
- Does your workforce use smartphones?
- Would you like to quickly and easily check how new colleagues are feeling?
- Would you like to keep a check on how the onboarding process is progressing without having to ask others?
- Would you like to make new colleagues feel more comfortable with team videos and useful information they can access from home before their first day?